Senior Application Developer
Business Area: Operations
Place of Work: London
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
As a Senior Application Developer within the IMS Application Delivery space, the main purpose of the role is to:
• Develop technical solutions in the form of bespoke software and third-party product integration with a particular focus on Risk and Performance deliveries.
• Deliver core systems and development processes/tools as identified in the IMS roadmap to enable a robust, supportable production environment.
• Analyse technical/business problems and document requirements
• Develop quality software to meet the evolving technical/business needs of USSIM, documenting as required
• Knowledge share across the team with some mentoring from more senior members
• Participate in team workshops
• Extensive experience expected in the following technologies:
• Expected to produce clear, concise, maintainable code.
• Ability to share knowledge / experience.
• Financial exposure, preferably gained through experience in a buy side institution or asset owner.
• Experience of risk systems desirable.
• Experience with using cloud computing / Azure infrastructure desirable.
USSIM is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We recognise the diverse lifestyles and priorities of our employees and have reflected this in in the company’s Flexible Working Framework, which, wherever possible, supports employees to find a balance that works for them whilst ensuring we always put our members’ interests first.