IPM Analyst Associate (12 Month FTC)
Business Area: Investment Product Management
Place of Work: London
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
The IPM Team is a central team within USSIM responsible for the oversight (including execution) and governance of mandates, as well as the investment product development across the scheme. The IPM Team provides the “voice of the client” within USSIM and this new role will support the oversight of the scheme arrangements as well as the ongoing design, delivery and governance of the DC investment product.
The role will involve assisting with co-ordination across USSIM and USS to develop and govern the DB and DC investment products. This will include the steering of developments through the required executive and trustee approval process, as well as oversight of the investment management arrangements.
To keep abreast of market developments and help to ensure that the DC investment product is market leading, working with a virtual team across the organisation to help achieve its strategic investment initiatives.
As a new role, there will be the ability to shape how it develops, and some flexibility depending on scheme needs.
Managing Processes & Future Focus
• Working with the investment desks, Investment Product Management team and Investment Strategy & Advice team to understand developments and requirements across the USS business
• Work with the Head of Fiduciary Oversight to ensure mandates are implemented in the best interest of the Scheme and members
• Assist with the smooth running of the DC investment product, including oversight and monitoring.
• Support with the continued development of the DC investment product over time to become and maintain market leading status
• Understanding of the regulatory landscape within which USSIM and the scheme operates
• Working with the rest of the IPM team to ensure that the investment product benefits from the input of the wider USSIM and USS teams
• Provide value by working closely with the Head of Investment Product Management, Head of DC Investment Product and Head of Manager Selection & Oversight
• To work with a virtual team across investment operations, compliance, front office, Performance and Investment Risk (PAIR), Responsible Investment, legal, and Investment Strategy & Advice teams within USSIM to help to create, monitor and develop investment products across the scheme
• Self-starter in identifying new projects and opportunities;
• Competent at prioritisation, process organisation, and management of multiple workstreams
• Attention to detail; particularly when reviewing documents
• Ability to deliver high quality work under constrained timelines
• High level of structure and organisation and the ability to work across teams
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written papers and oral presentations
• Strong compliance culture and high personal ethical standards
• Enhance and further develop USS’ cultural objectives
• Strong stakeholder focus and ability to understand the relationships between the Business and Stakeholders
USSIM is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We recognise the diverse lifestyles and priorities of our employees and have reflected this in in the company’s Flexible Working Framework, which, wherever possible, supports employees to find a balance that works for them whilst ensuring we always put our members’ interests first.