Public Markets Operations Analyst
Business Area: Operations
Place of Work: London
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
The Operations Department is organised into three teams; Public Markets, Alternatives support and Onboarding/ reporting.
The role sits within the Public Markets Operations team & is focused on supporting the end to end lifecycle of public markets assets.
The role requires a high level of stakeholder engagement with the ability to manage multiple initiatives.
Attention to detail is critical with the ability to set own priorities and manage to multiple daily deadlines.
• Understanding of trade affirmation/ confirmation processes, for all products, escalating to brokers or internal PM’s as required
• Assessing funding requirement and the funding of central mandates including requesting FX transactions
• Understanding of Trade lifecycles.
• Complete cash and stock reconciliations daily, investigate timely & escalate issues as appropriate
• Complete IBOR vs ABOR reconciliation process, investigate timely & escalate issues as appropriate
• Complete oversight of Fund accounting service providers
• Support operational enhancement testing as prioritized by the team
• Support delivery on new business initiatives into the team
• Operate with minimal errors
• Ensure all teams procedures are accurate & up to date in line with internal policies
• Provide value by working closely with portfolio managers
• Liaise with Performance, Risk and Finance as required
• Create and deliver NAV oversight reporting packs
• Deliver data for Weekly operating Report & team MI pack
• Identify & report risk events in line with business expectations
Third party Relationships
• Own daily relationship with JPM for custody, accounting, GDS and DCM
• Own daily relationship with NT for custody and accounting
• Attendance at third party service reviews as required
• Look for training opportunities to enhance skills
• Improve personal skill matrix score each year
• Strong can-do attitude to work effectively as part of the team
• Willingness to help others in busy periods
• Business/ Finance experience of working within a product control / NAV Oversight function within the asset management industry
• Part qualified or Qualified accountant or equivalent
• IMC/CFA qualification advantageous
• A depth of product knowledge across multiple products (OTC derivatives cleared and bilateral, Equity, bonds, FX, ETD and collateral management)
• Experience of Bloomberg AIM
• Attention to detail
• Track record of initiative/project delivery
• Flexible approach to re-prioritise as needed
• Good Excel skills – VBA/Macro experience beneficial
USSIM is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We recognise the diverse lifestyles and priorities of our employees and have reflected this in in the company’s Flexible Working Framework, which, wherever possible, supports employees to find a balance that works for them whilst ensuring we always put our members’ interests first.