Investment Product Analyst
Business Area: Investment Product Management Team
Place of Work: London
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
The IPM Team is a central team within USSIM responsible for the investment product development across the scheme, as well as oversight and governance of mandates and execution. The IPM Team provides the “voice of the client” within USSIM and this new role will support the ongoing design, delivery and governance of the DC investment product.
The role will primarily involve assisting with co-ordination across USSIM and USS to develop and govern the DC investment product. This will include the steering of developments through the required executive and trustee approval process, as well as creating and coordinating information to support our reporting requirements as a regulated Master Trust.
To keep abreast of market developments and help to ensure that the DC investment product is market leading, working with a virtual team across the organisation to help achieve its strategic investment initiatives.
Managing Processes & Future Focus
• Assist with the smooth running of the DC investment product, including oversight and monitoring of the DC section, including member facing communications and responding to queries
• Accurate and timely delivery of DC investment product reporting to executive and trustee committees
• Working with third party providers, such as Northern Trust, to develop the DC platform to meet our ongoing requirements and influence their internal development roadmap
• To work with a virtual team across investment operations, business change, front office, member engagement, communications, pensions operations, legal, and policy to help to create and develop investment products across the scheme
• Support with the continued development of the DC investment product over time to become and maintain market leading status
• Understanding of the regulatory landscape within which the DC investment product operates
• Contributing to member education, communications and engagement material, including quarterly investment reports, investment guides, web collateral, newsletters and blogs
• Working with the rest of the IPM team to ensure that the DC investment product benefits from the input of the wider USSIM and USS teams
• Support communication with internal and external stakeholders to keep them abreast of DC investment product related matters
• Self-starter in identifying new projects and opportunities;
• Competent at prioritisation, process organisation, and management of multiple workstreams
• Attention to detail; particularly when reviewing documents
• Ability to deliver high quality work under constrained timelines
• High level of structure and organisation and the ability to work across teams
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written papers and oral presentations
• Strong compliance culture and high personal ethical standards
• Enhance and further develop USS’ cultural objectives
• Strong stakeholder focus and ability to understand the relationships between the Business and Stakeholders
USSIM is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.