GGC Business Management Analyst
Business Area: Group General Counsel
Place of Work: London or Liverpool
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
To be a central role within GGC providing high quality support to the function. This Analyst role must be able to engage with a wide range of activities undertaken by the GGC team in order to provide organisational, coordination and a general support service.
The role includes the responsibilities of the GGC Risk Champion including the management and coordination of GGC key processes and controls.
The successful candidate will also take responsibility for the GGC PO process and associated budget coordination.
• Build effective working relationships with key staff who support those internal and external stakeholders. This will include liaison with PAs to oversee and ensure the prompt follow up of actions/outstanding issues following board and committee meetings.
• Central person of contact for GGC’s key processes and controls
o Manage the GGC’s key end-to-end processes and controls framework;
o Manage GGC risk register in line with GGC key processes and controls;
o Build and maintain a strong relationship with the Operational risk team
o Take on the role of the GGC Risk Champion and tasks associated with this position
o Coordinate the GGC breach assessment process and reporting of associated KPIs
• Manage the end-to-end processes and controls relevant to the Canon of Law process. This includes:
o Coordination of quarterly Canon of Law forums
o Liaising with relevant team members to update the Canon of Law tracker
• Manage all GGC purchases Orders. This includes:
o Being the central point of contact for the GGC team for Purchase Order queries
o On instruction managing the end to end process of Purchases orders from raising the PO to closing it
o Ensure sufficient approved budget is available for the PO and raise with the budget owner when this is not the case
• Point of contact for Finance for the GGC budget
o Review GGC monthly Financial MI produced by the Finance team which can be shared with the budget owners
o Build a strong working relationship with the GGC Finance Business Partner
o Use Power BI to highlight variances to budget and communicate regularly with desk heads to explain these
o Coordinate the monthly accruals with Finance with support from Legal Operations
• To assist the Group General Counsel in the production of GGC reporting, including Harvest data
• Support the Governance function in the production of quarterly MI
• Support the GGC function with the onboarding of new suppliers and the adhoc management of existing suppliers where required
• Attending team meetings where required, taking minutes, noting action points and following them up
• Highly organised; ability to manage multiple priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
• High energy and positive outlook
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Flexible approach with a willingness to constructively challenge
• Sounds Financial understanding
• Some demonstrable awareness of the pensions and/or financial services industry.
• Knowledge of the Purchase Order process
• Previous budget management experience
• Familiar with Proactis and Power BI
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver to strict deadlines
• Good analytical skills
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.